doc. dr. sc. Klara Šiljeg
Title: Assistant professor
| Assistant professor
Public phone number:
Internal phone number:
Department of Kinesiology of Sport
Employed in this institution since:
doc. dr. sc. Klara Šiljeg (b.Mirošević) was born in Dubovnik, married, mother of two daughters, Croatian, Citizen of the Republic of Croatia.
Educational, Academic and Scientific Degrees:
- 2012. PhD - postgraduate study in social sciences, the field of educatioal sciences, branch of kinesiology, module kinesiology of sport. The doctoral dissertation under the title “CONNECTION BETWEEN ANTHROPOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS AND SWIMMING ABILITIES WITH OBTAINED RESULTS” defended at the Faculty of Kinesiology University of Zagreb on Juny 18, 2012.
- 1993. professor of physical culture (Faculty of Physical Culture of the University of Zagreb)
- Primary and secondary school completed in Dubrovnik
- 2017. Assistant trainer - Curriculum globALE, for Adult learning& Education, cross-cultural core curriculum for adult educators worldwide
Teaching activity, career description:
- from 2018 until present: Assistant professor at Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Zagreb, subject: Teaching Metodology of Swimming and Sport swimming. Adult Education Institution - Croatian institut for kinesiology.
- 2016. to 2018: Adult Education Institution - Swimming School - Director and professor
- 2006. to 2018: she has been an adjunct proffesor at the Subject Swimming and Swimming - an elective module at the integrated university undergraduate and graduate studies at the Faculty of Kinesiology and a Professional study at the Faculty of Kinesiology at the University of Zagreb.
- From 2015. to 2017., as a member of IO Croatia Swimming association initiates and participates in the establishment of the Adult Education Institute - Swimming Academy, writes a program for training of swimming coaches who received a positive opinion of Agency for Vocational and Adult Education.
- In 2014. and 2015. with the financial support of the Ministry of Science and Education (MZOS) and the city government of Varaždin, the manager of the program for non swimmers "Varaždin swim". In 2003. agreement with the City Office for Education, Education and Sport of Dubrovnik, organizes and conducts the testing of swimming knowledge of all primary and secondary school students of city schools. She conducted swimming classes for all non swimmers. She was sports director in Swimming clubs in Dubrovnik and Varaždin. At 1998. she started and participated in the organization and creation of the women's water polo club "Mladost" with which he won the title of the champion of the former state in 1990. Before playing waterpolo she was a swimmer for 9 years at national level.
- Coach of Sanja Jovanović, swimmer (OI semifinals in Athens, EP medals, World Cups and MI in Tunisia and Almeria), coach of Marijana Šurković, swimmer (participant at OI in Sydney), coach of numerous Croatian swimmers and recorders in all categories, coach of Aida Šehić (the first woman in Croatia who swam across 20 km for less than 6 hours with a humanitarian goal - linking two lighthouses that are symbols of palliative care). Sve was a coach and selector of Croatia swimming federation.
Prizes and awards:
- 2015. acknowledgmentof the Faculty of Kinesiology at the University of Zagreb
- 2015. nominated for the sport activist of the city of Varaždin
- 2006. she was awarded the Croatian Olympic Committee (HOO) as a successful coach
- 2004. nominated for the best coach in the country
- 2004. she was elected as a best coach in the county
- 2002. and 2003. she was elected for the best coach in Dubrovnik.
Scientific activity and interests:
- wrote book about swimming
- participated in national and international scientific conferences since 2006,
- published about 36 scientific and 16 professional papers,
- a review of scientific and professional books and scientific papers.
List of publications - http://bib.irb.hr/lista-radova?autor=349895&autorsko=Prika%BEi+radove
- swimming research, biomechanics, physiology, psychology and sports medicine, pharmacology and nutrition
Published papers recorded in the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI)
Note: this list of papers is located in an maintained by the Ruđer Bošković Institute which
is in charge of the Croatian Scientific Bibliography Database (CROSBI
). This link will take you
to the appropriate CROSBI page of this person, containing a list of papers they have themselves entered in the database.
For further information and for instructions on changing the above data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Top-class swimming, non-swimming , knowledge in the biomechanics of swimming techniques and the development of swimmers' functional skills
- Member of the IA Swimming association of Zagreb and Vice-President of the same
- from 2018.: assistant professor at Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Zagreb, subject: Teaching Metodology of Swimming and Sport swimming. Adult Education Institution - Croatian institut for kinesiology.
- 2019.: selector of Croatian swimming teams
- 2017. to 2018.: Adult Education Institution - Swimming School - Director,
- 2006. to 2018.: Faculty of Kinesiology at the University of Zagreb – Adjunct professor,
- 2016. to 2017.: Swimming Club "Jug" Dubrovnik - Counselor,
- 2011. to 2016.: Swimming Club "Barok" Varaždin - Sports Director,
- 2001. to 2006.: Croatian Swimming Federation - Coach of the National Swim Team,
- 1996. to 2006.: Swimming Club "Jug" Dubrovnik - Sports Director and Coach,
- 1994. to 1996.: Swimming Club "Medveščak" Zagreb - Coach,
- 1991. to 1993.: Swimming Club "Mladost" Zagreb - Coach,
- 1987. do 1991.: godine: Zagrebačka škola plivanja - coach,
- 1985. to 1987.: Swimming Club "Jug" Dubrovnik - auxiliary coach.