Title: Assistant professor
Wednesday 13:30 - 14:30
university integrated undergraduate and graduate
2009/10 – grade average 4.81
2010/11 – grade average 4.95
2011/12 – grade average 4.93
2012/13 – grade average 4.82 and 4.93
2015/16. – grade average 4.90
2018/19 – grade average 4.89
2015. – Postdoctoral training at University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Sport
2004. – 2009. Ph.D. – Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Zagreb, Croatia Ph.D. thesis: Physical activity and health related quality of life in middle-aged employees
1997. – 2002. B.ED and M.ED. Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Zagreb, Croatia. Additional specialization: Recreation
2016. - Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Zagreb; Docent and head of Laboratory for physical activity epidemiology and promotion
2010. – 2015. Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Zagreb; Senior research fellow/senior lecturer in the field of physical activity and health
2006. – 2009. Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Zagreb; Research fellow/lecturer in the field of physical activity and health
2005. – 2006. Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb; Physical education teacher
2002. – 2006. Impress Club; vice director in department of sport and recreation
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROMOTION CAMPAIGNS
Leader of the physical activity promotion campaign entitled; „Be active – be healthy“. Project has started in 2011 and has been continuously conducted ever since. Campaign includes promotional activities through popular social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram).
Member of the project team on the project entitled: “Multidisciplinary approach in treatment of obesity among children and adolescents” conducted by University Hospital Centre Zagreb. Duration of the project: September 2013 – April 2014. Project leader: Nataša Rojnić Putarek, MsC, MD.
Member of the project team on the national program “Healthy living” conducted by Croatian national health institute”. National program has started in 2014 and it has been continuously conducted ever since. Project leader: Prof. Sanja Musić Milanović, PhD.
Croatian representative in the project „„Physical activity country cards“ lead by Lancet physical activity observatory team. Project has started in 2015. Project leader: Prof. Perdo C. Hallal, PhD.
1. Jurakić, D., Pedišić, Ž. i Andrijašević, M. (2009) Physical Activity of Croatian Population: Cross-sectional Study Using International Physical Activity Questionnaire. Croatian Medical Journal, 50 (2), 165-173.
2. Jurakić, D., Andrijašević, M. i Pedišić, Ž. (2010). Osnove strategije za unapređenje tjelesne aktivnosti i zdravlja zaposlenika srednje dobi s obzirom na obilježja radnog mjesta i sklonosti ka sportsko-rekreacijskim aktivnostima [Assessment of Workplace Characteristics and Physical ActivityPreferences as Integral Part of Physical Activity Promotion Strategies for Middle-aged Employees]. Sociologija i prostor, 48(1): 113-131.
3. Jurakić, D., Pedišić, Ž. i Greblo, Z. (2010) Physical activity in different domains and health-related quality of life: a population-based study. Quality of Life Research, Volume 19(9), 1303–1309.
4. Pedisic, Z., Jurakic D., Rakovac, M., Hodak, D., Dizdar, D. (2011) Reliability of the croatian long version of the international physical activity questionnaire. Kinesiology, 43(2), 185-191.
5. Jurakić, D., Heimer, S. (2012) Prevalencija nedovoljne tjelesne aktivnosti u Hrvatskoj i u svijetu: pregled istraživanja. Arhiv za higijenu rada i toksikologiju, 63(S3): 3-12.
6. Jurakić, D., Pedišić, Ž. (2012) Prevalence of Insufficient Physical Activity in Children and Adolescents: Review. Paediatria croatica, 56, 321-326.
7. Jurakic, D., Golubic, A., Pedisic, Z., Pori, M. (2014) Patterns and correlates of physical activity among middle-aged employees: A population-based, cross-sectional study. International Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health, 27(3), 487-497. (Impact factor 1,3)
8. Jurakić, D., Pedišić, Ž. (2019) Hrvatske 24-satne preporuke za tjelesnu aktivnost, sedentarno ponašanje i spavanje: prijedlog utemeljen na sustavnom pregledu literature. Medicus, 28:2;143-153.
Representative of University of Zagreb Faculty of Kinesiology in international association HEPA Europe (European network for the promotion of health-enhancing physical activity).
International competitive projects
1. Leader of the Erasmus+ Sport: Collaborative Partnership programme titled „Creating Mechanisms for Continuous Implementation of the Sports Club for Health Guidelines in the European Union (SCforH)“. number: 613434-EPP-1-2019-1-HR-SPO-SCP. Duration of the project: January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2022.
2. Project team member in Erasmus+ Sport: Colaborative Partnership programme titled: European Collaborative Partnership on Sport and Health Enhancing Physical Activity – EPHEPA. Project number: 556981-EPP-1-2014-1-UK-SPO-SCP. Duration of the project: January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2017. Project leader: Charlie Foster, University of Oxford (United Kingdom)
Institution supported projects
1. Co-leader of the project entitled: “Intervention for promoting physical activity in primary health settings: randomized controlled trial”. Project has started in 2017 and will be finished in 2021.
2. Leader and principal investigator of a research project entitled "Health-Oriented Physical Activity in the General Population in the Republic of Croatia". Within the project, 1076 home interviews were conducted with randomly selected respondents in the Republic of Croatia. Project duration: 2007 - 2011.
Scientific projects funded by Croatian Science Foundation
1. Member of the project team on the project entitled “Evaluation of sport as factor of winter tourism development in Croatia”. Project leader: Prof. Mato Bartoluci, PhD.
2. Member of the project team on the project entitled “Concept of the development of the sport and nautic tourism in Croatia”. Project leader: Prof. Mato Bartoluci, PhD.
2016. - Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Zagreb
- Docent and head of Laboratory for physical activity epidemiology and promotion
2010. – 2015. Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Zagreb
- Senior research fellow/senior lecturer
2006. – 2009. Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Zagreb
- Research fellow/lecturer